Archives Management, Records Management, State & Local Historical Societies
History Nebraska is seeking an organized, engaged, self-starter to serve as the agency's Digital Production Coordinator. As a strategic goal of our agency, History Nebraska is ramping up our digitization efforts to provide access to historical collections beyond the borders of our state. As a member of the Digitization team, this position is responsible for executing digitization workflows and will manage staff, volunteers, and student workers as they scan and create metadata records. Scanning team also responds to reference inquiries from the public, therefore, this position also manages those responses.
• Oversees the digitization workflows of all materials in accordance with accepted standards, using both local equipment and off-site services as appropriate. • Scan collection materials and create Dublin Core metadata records for scanned materials. • Delegates reference inquiries from the public to staff for response. • Supervise and manage a team of students, employees and volunteers. • Provide guidance and training for staff/volunteers in the handling of archival collections and the digitization workflows. • All other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Preservica, ArchiveSpace, and digitization standards preferred. • Excellent computer skills (working knowledge of google drive, Windows, etc) • Strong project management and supervision skills required • Must be self-directed and work independently. • Experience scanning with multiple types of equipment. • Excellent communication skills. • Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and delegate and monitor project cycles. • Knowledge of appropriate handling of archival materials
REQUIREMENTS: Post high school coursework/training in library science, archives administration, history, public administration, museum studies or related field, and two years of experience in cataloging, processing or otherwise working with library/archives materials.
Preferred: MLS degree or three years of relevant experience.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with education and experience.
About History Nebraska
History Nebraska is a statewide educational institution that connects people to the past through our library and research center, conservation facility, interpretive sites, and the state archeology and historic preservation offices. We are in the information business and use technology to connect people with historical resources. History Nebraska preserves and interprets our state's past, contributes to the education of its citizens, and uses the tools of history to shape a better future for all Nebraskans. History Nebraska's objective is to become the most engaging and relevant state historical society in the nation.
Our four core values are:
• We do it Better Every Time. We are always looking to improve. When we fail, we know why and learn from it.
• We Have Each Other's Back. We work in groups; we support one another to ensure our projects are amazing.
• We Own It. If we say we are going to do something, we do our best to get it done.
• We Are Curious. We never stop learning and we encourage curiosity in others.