Illinois State University's Milner Library is accepting applications for a Digitization Coordinator at Milner Library to oversee a portfolio of digital library projects and provide the leadership and technical expertise needed to complete projects successfully. For a complete description, copy and paste this link into your web browser:
To ensure full consideration, please apply no later than February 11, 2019.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
1. Advanced degree (i.e., master's degree) in a relevant field, i.e. communication arts, arts technology, library and information science, etc.
2. At least 3 years of full-time work experience performing highly complex digital imaging and editing activities according to national standards and best practices.
3. Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, organize, and complete digital projects.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to work quickly, accurate, and flexibily in a service and production-oriented environment. 6. Experience manipulating and processing digital materials using Adobe Photoshop, Audacity, Soundbooth, AcrobatPro, PremierPro, ColorPony, and other creative arts production software
7. Knowledge of US copyright law as it pertains to reproduction and reformatting.
8. Understanding of common technical metadata standards for digital collections.
9. Familiarity with conversion or reformatting processes and tools for older media, such as VHS and film.
10. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Internal Number: 0711497
About Illinois State University, Milner Library
The Library is woven into the fabric of the campus at every level, appearing in the campus strategic plan ("Educate, Connect, Elevate"), the campus facilities plan, and the campus capital campaign plan - all evidence of institutional commitment to excellence in its library. Diversity is a core value of Milner Library and of Illinois State University. We believe a diverse faculty and staff helps us to better understand our world, educate our students, and engage our community. For the third consecutive year, Illinois State University was named a Great College to Work For by The Chronicle of Higher Education. Illinois State is located in Normal/Bloomington, a vibrant community 2-3 hours from Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. As Illinois' oldest public university, Illinois State University (http://illinoisstate.edu/) offers an outstanding education to 20,784 undergraduates and 2,454 graduate students in diverse master’s and doctoral programs. Milner Library supports those programs with a service-focused staff of 78, an institutional budget of approximately $9 million, and a collection of over 1.3 million volumes, including 100,000 e-books and 81,000 e-journals. The library ...uses OCLC CONTENTdm to manage digital collections and bepress Digital Commons for the institutional repository. As a member of the Consortium for Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI), the Library participates with 90 libraries in a VuFind and Ex Libris Voyager environment. The library's integrated library system (Ex Libris Voyager), OpenURL link resolver (Ex Libris SFX), and online catalog (VuFind) are hosted by CARLI. The resource discovery system (EBSCO Discovery Service) and Archon are hosted locally.