Department: Audio-Visual Collection
Job Title: Cataloger/Curatorial Intern
Purpose: Assist Audio-Visual Curator with collections management project, researching and updating use fee structure and cataloging small photograph collections.
Location: Geier Collections and Research Center, 760 West Fifth St, Cincinnati, OH
• Asses a large photo collection for archival supplies needed.
• Research, compile and present findings of standard use fees charged by similar institutions.
• Create finding aids for a small number of photograph collections.
• Other work to be assigned in assistance of Audio-Visual Curator.
Reports To: James DaMico, Audio-Visual Curator
Length of Appointment: 1 semester
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per week
• Free admission to Children’s Museum and National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
• Free admission to special exhibitions
• Free parking at the Cincinnati Museum Center
• Discounts at food and beverage location
• Discounts on tours, programs and events
Dress Code: Long pants and closed-toe shoes must be worn during the majority of the tasks to be performed during this internship. Attire should be neat.
Age Requirement: A currently enrolled graduate student pursuing coursework with an archives and preservation management focus.