The Sisters of Charity of Nazareth Archival Center is seeking enthusiastic applicants for a new internship program. The intern’s primary focus will be a cross-referencing project spanning a wide variety of materials and collections. Under the supervision of professional archivists the intern will also assist with other archival work including processing, describing, and digitizing collections; creating finding aids; reference services; and outreach activities.
Internship dates and hours are flexible. Archival Center hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm. The intern will be expected to commit to at least 320 hours of work. Hours may be completed through 8 weeks of full time work, or part time over a more extended period. While this is an unpaid internship, we will work with the candidate and his/her academic institution to provide the necessary information to grant academic credit. Housing is available on campus at no cost, if desired.
The SCN Archival Center is located on the campus of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in Nazareth, Kentucky. The SCN campus is located just north of Bardstown, Kentucky, and about 45 minutes south of Louisville, Kentucky.
- Applicants must be at least 18
- Actively pursuing or interested in undergraduate or graduate education in library science, archival management, history, or a related field
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Ability to take direction and accept constructive criticism
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and confidentiality
Please send a resume and a letter describing your interest in this position by March 31, 2017, to:
Director, SCN Archival Center
PO Box 3000
Nazareth, KY 40048
If you have any questions, please contact Kathy Hertel-Baker or Kelly McDaniels by phone at 502.348.1548 or vial email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org