Minimum qualifications for the Director of Preservation Services position are:
- a Master’s in Library and Information Science or similar;
- solid understanding of general preservation best practices (disaster planning; identification, care and handling of materials; reformatting and digitization; etc.);
- experience managing a range of employees and at least 3 years of experience working with cultural heritage collections;
- demonstrated history of success in collaborative work;
- experience working in cross-organizational and/or cross-disciplinary teams;
- experience managing multiple complex projects simultaneously;
- demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and backgrounds;
- strong analytical, observation, and communication skills;
- experience with public speaking;
- demonstrated commitment to professional engagement and leadership;
- ability and willingness to travel regionally and nationally (up to 25%).
In addition to the above, the following qualifications are desirable but are not required for consideration:
- experience in audiovisual and/or digital preservation;
- consulting experience;
- grant writing experience;
- experience developing and managing budgets;
- experience with online and in-person instruction.
NEDCC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary and benefits are competitive. This position will remain open until filled. To apply, please send cover letter and resume in PDF to Bill Veillette, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin on March 20, 2017. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.